Are you planning a move to Jacksonville or anywhere else in Florida? If so, then you’ll need the assistance of a professional moving company with experience and expertise. Stevens Worldwide Van Lines is a professional moving company that’s been moving residents and businesses throughout Florida since 1905, so we have the knowledge and history that you can trust to get the job done right.
Jacksonville, FL is a beautiful city with a vibrant local culture and many natural attractions. Learn more about Jacksonville and how Stevens Worldwide Van Lines can help with your move.
Get to Know Jacksonville
If you’re a nature lover moving to Jacksonville, FL then you’re in luck, this seaside city has numerous parks and natural land that any person who enjoys the outdoors will love. The city has a unique park system, the largest urban park system in the United States, with numerous parks operated by various entities within the state including the National Park Service, Florida State Parks and the City of Jacksonville Department of Parks and Recreation.
Jacksonville provides facilities and services at more than 337 locations on more than 80,000 acres of land. People from all over Florida come to Jacksonville to boat, swim, fish, sail, jetski, surf and waterski as well as enjoy the natural beauty from the St. Johns River and Atlantic Ocean.
A few of Jacksonville’s beautiful parks include:
- Friendship Fountain is a large fountain in St. Johns River Park at the west end of Downtown Jacksonville’s Southbank Riverwalk that opened in 1965 as the world’s largest and tallest fountain.
- Hanna Park, located near Mayport in the Jacksonville Beaches area, was formerly known as Manhattan Beach, Florida’s first beach community for African Americans during segregation.
- Hemming Park can be found in the heart of the government center in downtown. Originally a village green, it was the first and is the oldest park in the city.
- Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail Trail extends northwest to Baldwin, Florida and includes three separate paths: a multi-use asphalt trail for hiking, jogging, in-line skating or cycling; an off-road bike trail; and a horseback riding trail.
- Memorial Park on the St. Johns River was built to honor the 1,200 Floridians who died serving during World War I. The notable Olmsted Brothers were commissioned to design the park, along with local architect Roy A. Benjamin.
Along with the numerous outdoor activities that take advantage of the natural beauty in Jacksonville, the city hosts many events year round that may interest those moving to Jacksonville. The Gate River Run is held annually and has been the US National 15-kilometer road race championship since 1994. It is the largest race of its distance in the country with over 13,000 runners, spectators, and volunteers, making it Jacksonville’s largest participation sporting event.
College football’s Gator Bowl has been held on New Year’s day each year since 1946. The Jacksonville Jazz Festival is the second-largest jazz festival in the United States, while Springing the Blues, one of the oldest and largest blues festivals, has been held in Jacksonville Beach since 1990.
Jacksonville Moving and Storage
When you’re ready to get your Jacksonville, FL move started, give Stevens Worldwide Van Lines a call. As one of the nation’s top rated moving companies, our team of skilled movers will assist with your move in host of different ways. We’re ready and eager to assist with any and all of your moving and storage needs. Fill out our online form or give us a call today to get started.