Moving to a new town or city can be a very exciting time for a family. If you are planning a move to or from the northern Michigan area, Stevens Worldwide Van Lines is here to do the heavy lifting for you. Whether you are moving locally or long distance, we will work with you to create a moving plan that meets your needs. So, if you are planning a move to Petoskey, Traverse City, Harbor Springs or anywhere else in northern Michigan, contact Stevens for a stress-free move.
Get to Know Northern Michigan
Northern Michigan is an area with hundreds of thousands of residents, consisting of multiple counties and cities, and bordering the Upper Peninsula and Lake Superior. While there is no official boundary for the region, it is largely recognized as a specific region of Michigan by its citizens. The area is known for being a popular destination for Michiganders to go camping, hiking, skiing and enjoy other outdoor activities. Here are some of the area attractions available to you in some of the more popular northern Michigan destinations:
- There are numerous state parks and protected areas in northern Michigan including, Huron National Forest and the Manistee National Forest, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, a 35-mile stretch of Lake Michigan sand dunes and the Nordhouse Dunes Wilderness.
- Popular tourist towns in Northern Michigan include Northport, Traverse City, Elk Rapids, Charlevoix, Boyne City, Petoskey, Manistee, Ludington, Bear Lake, Empire and Frankfort.
- For those looking to be a bit more out-of-the-way, there are less well known and less developed areas in the northeastern lower peninsula along the Lake Huron shore. This area offers many great vacation spots including, Standish, Omer, Au Gres, Tawas City, East Tawas, Oscoda, Greenbush, Harrisville, and Alpena just to name a few. In fact, the Detroit Free Press noted that the area between Oscoda and Ossineke included beaches that are “overlooked” and among the “top ten in Michigan.”
- The Michigan Shore to Shore Riding & Hiking Trail, which runs from Empire to Oscoda, is a 240-mile interconnected system of trails.
- Hunting is a popular fall pastime in northern Michigan. There are seasons for bow hunting, a muzzle-loader season as well as a modern rifle hunting season.
- In winter, a variety of sports are enjoyed by the locals, lower Michiganders and tourists alike, including snowmobiling, ice fishing and cross country skiing.
- There are also a number of festivals that occur throughout the year in northern Michigan including the delicious Mackinac Island Fudge Festival which is usually held in August.
Northern Michigan Moving and Storage
Northern Michigan is a wonderful area to live in for countless different reasons. Once you’ve completed your search and settled on a property, apartment or building, it’s time to start planning and preparing for your move. As you do so, make sure to choose the professional movers of Stevens Worldwide Van Lines to take care of you. Our moving company offers full-service moving and storage for your local, long-distance, or international move.
We’ve been experts in the moving industry since 1905, and have been a trusted company by individuals, families, and businesses across the nation. Our skilled and knowledgeable movers will assist you with packing, loading, unpacking, furniture assembly or any other moving service you require. Our company also offers short and long-term storage options in secure, climate-controlled warehouses for any storage needs you may have during your move.
Let the movers at Stevens Worldwide Van Lines provide you with the best moving experience possible. Give us a call today or fill out our online form for your free moving quote!